Saturday, July 3, 2010

Honey Pots


I had recently made about 80 of these honey pots for a honey farm in Colorado. It was a fun production project and one I hadn't done in many years. It was also great timing in sharpening my skills before I teach the wheel throwing classes this fall at McMurry University. I shipped out 60 and had all the other "good" ones sold within a week, just from people visiting the studio. There are times where I think I should just make functional pottery with nice colors and I will supplement my income just fine, and then I remember my true happiness comes from creating from deep within my spirit. My sculptures... Functional pottery is a process that I love and I will always keep my skills sharp and the pots coming, but I could never give up sculpting and carving. I have been finding some good collaborations between the two while I was working on this series that I hope to show later. It has been a very busy summer already! We are leaving for a family trip to Ohio, I will be visiting my sister with a farm, my mom who is staying with her and setting up my mom's ceramics studio while we are there. Maybe even starting her inventory for her. Then on to my dad's in Columbus to help him with a long list of projects we hope. We like to feel useful and a real vacation is hard for us to take! David and Brad will be working hard on their Tae Kwon Do Skills while we are away, David really want's to test fo rhis blue belt in August! Brad is getting ready to move up to a red belt soon. William is practicing being a Wii master and has already beaten Lego Harry Potter, released just a few days ago and of course baseball! In Ohio we expect to have lots of outside time and I am looking forward to temperatures that are a bit cooler than west Texas provides. Stay tuned for upcoming events and new art. I should be posting about once a week again now. Keep Making Art and Smiling every day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment