Monday, September 21, 2009

Already planning for Spring


OK, so today I realized as I was contemplating plans for the Spring semester that I have not made figures in a while, so I plan to refocus my energy on them. I believe I fave a new strength and will be able to express more than I ever have before. It is time. I am ready to expose that part of me and I believe that the new work will be well received. I will work on the new series at the same time that I am working on the Autism exhibit with my family. The photo to the right is a very tame example of the new direction I will go with the work, I will work with a combination of modeled and cast forms to express my journey as a woman, mother, wife, child, sister, daughter, lover, artist, teacher and friend. I hope this first piece from an old series about "nesting" will give you a glimpse into my ideas. I really need to get a better picture of this work... Stay tuned for more updates soon to come. I will also be posting progress on the new studio soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment